- 2cup packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1/4cup red wine vinegar
- 1teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
I have to confess that many Argentines (including Ester) would never make chimichurri in a food processor. I, however, always seem to be short on time and prefer to sacrifice some texture for convenience. If you have the time to chop up all the ingredients and hand mix, it is pretty amazing. Try to let it sit for hours or even the day before to really let the ingredients intensify. Any leftover will keep in an airtight container for up to a week (but it won’t last that long!).
I also break from tradition and regularly add in a 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves mainly because I love cilantro.