- 1 1/2cups red or black grapes
- 1/2tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1/4cup canola or grape seed oil
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2tablespoon honey
- 4cups arugula greens
- 1/2cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4ounces goat cheese, either sliced into 1 ounce slices and then sliced in half or crumbled
- 2 medium cooked (or raw) beets, peeled and thinly sliced
While I love all of these ingredients together, the simplest form of the salad can deconstruct down to just the arugula, grapes and walnuts with the vanilla vinaigrette.
Make this a protein-rich salad by adding stips of roasted pork tenderloin or broiled steak.