- 1 9-inch frozen pie crust, unbaked (do not thaw)
- 2teaspoon butter
- 8 bacon slices, crumbled*
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4cup walnuts- toasted
- 5cup arugula
- 1 pear, cored and diced
- 1/2cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1tablespoon honey ginger white balsamic vinegar *
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1 small shallot or ½ lg shallot
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
*Trader Joe’s has uncured, no nitrate, fully cooked bacon which is a saviour in this recipe. I just chop up the precooked bacon, saving me time and mess of cooking the bacon ahead of time.
**This is one of my favourite vinegars that I buy from Joe and Son’s Olive Oil Co. in Tampa. To make similar vinegar, combine 2 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar, ½ teaspoon fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger, and ½ tablespoon honey. Or you can just use an apple cider vinegar in its place, especially if you or your family are adverse to ginger.
Add in vegetables or eliminate the bacon altogether for a vegetarian version.
Swiss cheese would also be a classic cheese to combine with the bacon and egg.