- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 1tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 2tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 4tablespoon heavy cream
- 1tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5cups mixed greens
- 1cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/2cup shaved Asiago cheese *
- 1tablespoon raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 3tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1tablespoon agave syrup or honey
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- Toasted French bread or whole grain rolls
* Use a block of hard Asiago cheese and shave it with a paring knife if you do not have a cheese shaving knife. If you can not find a block of hard Asiago cheese, use a block of hard Parmesan cheese (which is what you should have for the herb mixture for the eggs anyway).
Although I find this the consummate light spring meal, it is a year round winner so adapt the salad according to the season; try apples in the fall, oranges or grapefruit in the winter, and peaches or plums in the summer.
Try not to leave out the bread, as this egg dish is made for dipping hunks of crusty bread in the egg and cheesy herb bake, as well as sopping up any leftover in the gratin dish.