- 2cup quick cook oats
- 1/2cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2cup raisins
- 1/4cup chopped walnuts
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2tablespoon butter, melted
- 2tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
* I like to add this healthy fat into this recipe, but if you do not have coconut oil or don't care for it, substitute 1/2 cup applesauce.
Sometimes I like to add a drizzle of cream or a dollop of Greek yogurt to a serving and my teen drizzles honey or maple syrup on top of hers.
This basic recipe is perfect to modify; try adding in chopped apples or chunks of bananas, switch out the raisins for cranberries, pecans for the walnuts, add in a 1/4 cup chocolate chips.