- 8ounce uncooked spelt spaghetti noodles (or Chinese Lo Mein noodles)
- 2teaspoon sesame oil, divided
- 1tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 garlic clove, chopped
- 1tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3cup broccili florets
- 1 1/2pound flank steak, cut across the grain and thinly slice
- 3tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 2tablespoon brown sugar or agave syrup
- 1tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1tablspoon chile paste with garlic
I am partial to preparing this with beef, but it is delicious made with chicken. You might want to add mushrooms for additional vegetables.
Tofu, seitan or tempeh would be excellent vegetarian options to the beef.
I like to serve the chile garlic sauce as a condiment for those that want additional heat.
If I can find high quality egg rolls in the freezer section of my local grocery store or Whole Foods Market, I’ll usually pop these in the oven to complete a fun “Chinese takeout” made at home.