- 1tablespoon coconut or olive oil, divided
- 1pound stewing beef, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 bell red pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2cup mild salsa
- 2cup whole milk
- 3cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 2cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt
- 1teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bag sweet baby greens (like Fresh Express)
- 1/2cup Freshly shredded parmesan cheese, from refrigerated section
I use whole milk and water, but feel free to substitute 1% or 2% milk. If you do use low-fat milk, increase milk to 3 cups and eliminate the cup of water.
If you are still having clumping issues when adding in the cheese, toss your shredded cheese with 1 tablespoon of flour or cornstarch prior to adding to soup. The coating creates a more stable surface and prevents the cheese shreds from sticking together.
You could also add a few splashes of wine or lemon juice. The acidic liquid encourages the cheese to soften and melt.