How amazing does this sweet potato meal sound? The best flavors of buffalo chicken wings topping a healthy carb and without the bad parts (breaded and deep fried). Against All Grain is one of my favorite websites for healthy, gluten-free inspiration and this recipe from the site is a perfect example why.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1tablespoon ghee or coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, about 1 pound )
- 1/2 cup cayenne pepper hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup crumbled Humboldt Fog goat cheese (optional) **
Note: I like to provide you with recipes from some of my favorite sites and not all have been tested by The Whole Meal and are written up per the site where the recipe originated.
* Shredded rotisserie chicken works as a good replacement to the uncooked chicken breasts. You can also lessen the cooking time to 10 minutes allowing the ingredients to heat through.
**Try blue cheese as a substitute for Humboldt Fog, a goat cheese with similar taste. For those sensitive to cow's milk the Humboldt Fog is a great option. Against All Grain does note that many blue cheeses may have gluten, so if this a concern, don't use blue cheese.