- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 lemon
- 1cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 fresh ears of corn, shucked and kernels removed
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1cup broccoli florets
- 1cup cauliflower florets
- 2tablespoons resh chives, chopped, divided
- 1/4teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 8cups romaine, chopped into bite size pieces
- 3slices bacon, well-cooked and crumbled
- 1 avocado, pit removed and diced
I first made this in the summer when corn, zucchini, green beans, cucumbers and tomatoes were at the height of in season, but feel free to sub in whatever is freshest at the farmer’s market or your grocery store. Fresh vegetables are essential to a great chopped salad!
You could easily keep this chopped salad vegetarian by eliminating the chicken and bacon.
I prefer the light, tangy yogurt-based dressing but if you like mayo you can substitute a tablespoon or two of mayo for some of the yogurt.