- 1pound dark meat ground chicken
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- 2teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 apples, cored, peeled and chopped (any kind will do, but I am partial to granny smith)
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 head green cabbage, chopped
- 1tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 3 small tomatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped, optional
You can substitute ground sage for the poultry seasoning.
It's fun and easy to make your own applesauce in the fall when the apples are in season. It's especially fun for kids and adults alike to dunk the savory sausage nuggets in the sweet applesauce.
My daughter loves for me to make warm apple slices in the morning during fall and winter. I took my basic recipe and mashed it, but if you prefer a sweeter version, stir in a tablespoon or two of agave syrup while cooking.