- 2 1/2 cups sliced strawberries, divided
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1/4cup canola or grape seed oil
- 1/4teaspoon each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 2 1/2tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2tablespoon honey
- 1teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2cups baby spinach
- 2cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 small whole grain baguette, cut into slices
- 1cup goat cheese
Try this salad with uncooked chicken breasts that marinate in some of the dressing for 10-20 minutes. Throw them on the grill, chop them up, and toss them in as indicated in step 2.
For a vegetarian version, eliminate the chicken and add the goat cheese right to the salad.