- 2teaspoons olive or coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jar salsa verde *
- 1cup chicken stock*
- 1 1/4pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (15-ounce) can of white beans, rinsed and drained **
- 2cup frozen corn
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8teaspooon sea salt
- Juice of 1/2 lime and optional lime, cut into wedges
- 1/2cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- plain Greek yogurt
* I use Frontera's salsa verde which is medium spiciness but packs a lot of heat to this chili. If you prefer a mild version, try and find a mild salsa verde or don't use it at all and substitute a small can of diced green chiles in its place. Or you can use my daughter's trick to tame the heat; she adds extra Greek yogurt and mixes it in.
** I like to keep the beans whole, especially if I am making this in warmer weather, but if you want a creamier version, add in an additional can of white beans (drained) but puree it with the chicken stock prior to adding in with the other ingredients. This method adds a richness to the chili and is better suited for cooler times of the year.