- 1cup uncooked quinoa
- 2cups shelled edamame (if frozen, thawed)
- 2 ears of corn, shucked and kernels removed
- 1/4cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 green onions, root removed and finely chopped
- 1/4-1/2cup fresh basil, julienned or torn into small pieces
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8-1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
I like to prep all the veggies while the quinoa cooks.
If you'd like to add in some animal protein or seafood try grilled chicken, beef steak or shrimp. For the vegans it is perfect the way it is.
I like the simplicity of the salad but you could dice up some feta cheese for a tangy twist or some mozzarella for a milder cheesy addition.
Quinoa is a seed that cooks like a grain so it's great for those that are gluten free or on a paleo/primal diet.