- 1 1/2pound new potatoes, unpeeled and cut into quarters
- 2 large eggs
- 1cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4cup olive or coconut oil (or enough to coat bottom of your skillet)
- 3pound cut up chicken pieces (thighs, drumsticks, and breasts), skin still on
- 1 1/2tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes
Feel free to use white or whole wheat flour in place of the almond flour.
If you do not have a drying rack, you can place the chicken pieces directly on a rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, but you may want to turn chicken pieces half way through to evenly crisp.
A homemade or high quality store bought cole slaw is another classic side dish to fried chicken devoured in the summer, while I like slow simmered collard greens as an accompaniment in the cooler months.