- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4cup fish sauce*
- 1tablespoon agave syrup or coconut palm sugar
- 1tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 5cups shredded green cabbage *
- 4cups rotiserrie chicken, shredded (white and dark meat)
- 1cup matchstick carrots **
- 4 green onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2cup fresh mint, loosely torn
- 1/4cup fresh basil, loosely torn
- 1/3cup unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
- fresh red chili, deseeded and thinly sliced, optional condiment
*Savoy cabbage would work well in this recipe in place of green cabbage. You can also cut corners and use coleslaw cabbage.
** I like to buy a bag of the shredded carrots in place of cutting whole carrots into matchsticks for sake of saving time.
I usually just shred an entire rotiserrie chicken for this recipe.
You could serve cooked rice noodles as a side dish if you want the meal to be a bit more substantial. Just toss the noodles in rice wine vinegar, green onion, salt and sesame oil.