- 1cup tomato sauce
- 1tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon sesame oil
- 2teaspoon hot sauce
- 1teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 rotisserie chicken breast, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 large pre-baked pizza crust, such as 365 Everyday Value Whole Wheat Organic pizza crust
- 2tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pineapple, cored, peeled and cut into 2” rings
- 1 red onion, sliced into 1 inch rings
- 2cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce, washed and torn into pieces
- 1/4cup grated parmesan cheese, found in deli or refrigerated section
- 1/2cup fresh cilantro, chopped
This recipe makes 2 pizzas, either just enough for a very hungry family of 4 or 5 or you’ll be lucky enough to have leftovers for lunch. If you prefer to cook only one pizza, just cut the ingredients in half.
My version of barbeque sauce is a slightly tangy, tomato-based sauce with an unexpected Asian influence. My daughter prefers it to a typical barbeque sauce. If you feel you’d rather use your favorite bbq sauce, by all means try it out. It’s delicious, but expect a more pronounced barbeque flavor.
You could easily make this vegetarian by eliminating the chicken.