- 2pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, cut in half, divided
- 1/2cup soy sauce or tamari, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed, divided
- 3tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4cup grapeseed or coconut oil
- 3tablespoon fish sauce*
- 2tablespoon apple juice
- 2 peaches, pitted and halved
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and cut through the root end
- 1tablespoon melted butter
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 small nub fresh ginger, peeled
- 1tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 large bok choy, end removed
- 5cup cooked white rice**
* I have left the fish sauce out and it is still delicious.
**Prepare the rice after marinating pork but before making the barbeque sauce as it takes 20 minutes to cook. Cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
Cubed chicken breasts or firm tofu would be good substitutes to the pork.