- 1tablespoon paprika
- 1teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1teaspoon dried thyme
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1teaspoon sea salt
- 4 (6-ounce) pieces salmon, skin on
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2cup arugula
- 2cup butter leaf or other spring lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 naval orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- 1cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1cup blue cheese, crumbled **
- 1/3cup total of fresh squeezed grapefruit and orange juice
- 2tablespoon honey
- 2tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8teaspoon ground black pepper
*In place of the dried thyme, try 10 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves removed and chopped. In place of dried oregano, use1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped.
**If your family is not a big fan of blue cheese, try feta cheese in its place; just as yummy!
***In the cooler months, prepare the salmon under the broiler. Broil the salmon in the oil and blackened rub on a lightly oiled broiler pan for 6-8 minutes.
Blackened chicken breasts or tuna steaks would be a great substitute for the salmon. Try white beans in place of the salmon for a vegetarian option.
If you want some carbs, Hula Bay serves a large cheesy garlic wedge with the salad.