- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1pound lean ground beef or buffalo
- 8ounce crimini or white mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 2tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3tablespoon agave syrup or honey, divided
- 2tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2teapsoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 whole grain hamburger rolls
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- 1/2cup Greek yogurt
- 2tablespoon apple cider vinegar
The coleslaw is great as a side, but try it on top of the Sloppy Joe mix for a tangy, crunchy condiment.
For additional zest, add a splash or two of hot sauce to the Sloppy Joe mixture just before serving.
I love to use buffalo meat, which is lean, hormone- and pesticide-free, and grass-fed. You may substitute ground beef or even ground turkey (if your diet restricts red meat).