- 1cup quick cooking brown rice, like Kraft’s Minute instant brown rice*
- 1 1/4pound sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Grated lime peel- from 1 lime
- 1/3cup lime juice, divided (5 limes)lime juice, divided (5 limes)lime juice, divided (5 limes)lime juice, divided (5 limes)lime juice, divided (5 limes)lime juice, divided (5 limes)
- 1 1/2tablespoon fresh mint, chopped, dividedfresh mint, chopped, dividedfresh mint, chopped, divided
- 1/3cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4cup chopped spinach
- 1tablespoon pine nuts
- 1/4cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 honeydew, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1teaspoon cumin powder
*You can use regular brown rice which will take about 40 minutes to cook. I also like to substitute quinoa for the brown rice; plan on 15 minute to cook quinoa.
This recipe is just as good with lamb or turkey tenderloin. If you are watching your red meat intake, substitute the turkey tenderloin for the steak to lower the saturated fat content. The lamb is a nice alternative to the sirloin.
For a vegetarian version, substitute extra-firm tofu for the steak.
Kraft’s Minute brand brown rice has a better texture than other brands on the market. You can toast the quick brown rice in a heated, dry skillet for 5 minutes (stirring constantly) before cooking to enhance the grains’ flavor.