- 1/2tablespoon coconut or avocado oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2tablespooon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 6cups water
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 8ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4-6cups kale, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt**
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* I love to use a mix of red, yellow and orange mini bell peppers in place of 1 red bell pepper.
**As this was originally a detox soup, I limited the soup to 1/8-1/4 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt. If making for detox purposes you can leave out the salt, especially if you do not have Himalayan sea salt. I included it as this version of salt is a necessary mineral. If you are making the soup for other purposes add in up to 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt.
Try adding in beans and/or chicken sausage for a heartier soup.