- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed*
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- Zest from 2 limes
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1tablespoon fish sauce*
- 3pound chicken drumettes **
- 5cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1cup canned crushed pineapple with juice
- 2tablespoon half and half
- 1/8teaspoon sea salt
- 2tablespoon mayo
- 1/8teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2tablespoon agave syrup or honey
*If you want more heat use up to 2 jalapenos.
**if you can’t find drumettes you can substitute chicken wings. You will want closer to 4 pounds for 4 people.
If you would like to bake the drumettes arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, and place a lightly greased wire rack on top. Arrange the wings in one layer on the wire rack and roast for 30 minutes or until the wings turn golden brown (flip them midway and liberally baste them).