- 1 bag of cole slaw mix
- 2cups kale, ribs removed and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1cup broccoli slaw
- 1cup Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1/3cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 4 dried figs, chopped
- 1/3cup grape seed or canola oil
- 2tablespoons agave syrup or honey
- 2tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 shallot, peeled
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon dry mustard
- 1tablespoon poppy seeds
There are now salad blends that have all these greens and cruciferous veggies in one bag (I get mine at Trader Joe’s) so if you can find them, use that as a short cut to buying and prepping the greens and cruciferous veggies.
Many stores now carry shredded Brussels sprouts. I buy mine at Trader Joe’s.
You can use dried cranberries or cherries if you are not a fig fan.
While I typically serve this as a side salad to chilis, stews, or grilled meats, try it as a base salad and throw in cooked chicken, steak, shrimp or white beans for a one bowl meal.