- 1/2 (10-ounce) bag kale leaves (washed and dried) *
- 1tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 2tablespoon nutritional yeast **
- 2teaspoons Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel Seasoning Mix ***
* I like the ease of prep when using already pre-washed and pre-torn kale leaves (I do pull out the stems) but feel free to use 1/2 large bunch of kale, stems removed and leaves roughly torn, washed and dried
** I use Bragg brand.
*** In place of Trader Joe's seasoning mix you can mix the following together and use 2-3 teaspoons:
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon onion powder or 1 teaspoon minced onion
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt or pink Himalayan sea salt
You can add some zip to your chips by sprinkling in 1/8-1/4 teaspoon of ground cayenne or chipotle pepper to the seasoning.
If you are preparing an entire bag (or bunch) of kale leaves, you may want to repeat the second batch separately as I find with two trays in the oven at the same time the kale does not crisp up as well. Or you could just up the baking time and watch carefully so as not to crisp them up too much.
You could keep them raw and dehydrate in a dehydrator at 130 degrees F for 10-12 hours (overnight makes the time go by faster).
While these make a delicious and healthy snack on its own, try making TWM's Homemade Hummus with carrot sticks to serve along with the kale chips. It's a perfect snack pairing!