- 1cup uncooked white rice
- 1tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1tablespoon coconut or brown sugar
- 3tablespoon honey, divided
- 1teaspoon coarsely ground mustard
- 1teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 2tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2cup vegetable broth
- 6 carrots, cut into 1" slices
- 1 small nub of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
Bone-in chicken thighs are a good choice for this recipe. I like to prepare a mix of both drumsticks and chicken thighs.
If you want to taste a bit more heat to balance the sweetness of the honey and molasses, up the quantity of cayenne pepper to 1/2 - 1 teaspoon.