- 3 sweet potatoes, washed and cut into wedges
- 1teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 3/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1pound lean ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1tablespoon sugar or honey
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 8ounce sliced mushrooms
- 1/2tablespoon butter
- 4 slices country-style whole grain bread (thicker sliced)
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 bag of broccoli slaw
- 1/4cup green onions, chopped
- 1tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2teaspoon agave syrup or sugar
Try Yukon gold potatoes in place of sweet potatoes for more traditional steak fries.
If you are making this in the summer, cook the burgers on the grill. You could also precook the potatoes whole for 5 minutes in the microwave. Slice them into wedges, toss them with the oil and seasonings, and place in a grill pan to also cook on the grill. This will keep the kitchen cool.
Not fond of broccoli slaw? Substitute regular cabbage slaw mix for the broccoli slaw. You could also substitute mayo for the yogurt if you want a traditional slaw which is not as tangy. I also like to add 1 small clove of garlic, minced, for an additional flavor boost.