- Juice of 1 orange (about 1/3 cup)
- Zest of 1 orange (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1" nub of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2teaspoon cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1 1/2pound beef sirloin, cut into 1" strips
- 1tablespoon peanut oil
- 2teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed *
- 1 large red bell pepper, membrane removed and thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, ends removed, cut into 2" segments
- 1teaspoon sesame oil, optional
- 1cup uncooked jasmine rice
If you cook a lot of Asian and happen to have Sichuan peppercorns, use these in place of the black; it's a nice hit of heat that complements the sweet orange juice.
I sometimes leave out the sesame oil, as I like the freshness of the orange and don't want it overpowered by the distinct sesame flavor.
Shrimp or cubed tofu would be a good substitute for the beef for the non-meat eaters.