- 2cups rolled oats (old fashioned, not instant)
- 1/4cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4cup raw almonds
- 1/2cup chopped dried figs
- 1 granny smith apple (per serving)
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon (per serving)
- 1/4cup cow's or almond milk or kefir (per serving, optional)
This is not technically raw, as rolled oats are processed, so if you are particular about keeping it truly raw, substitute oat groats for the rolled oats and decrease the water to ¾ cup.
Forgot to make it last night, but craving it this morning? No problem as you can assemble the muesli as directed, but decrease water to ¾ cup and let sit for 15 minutes (go take a shower or read posts on The Whole Meal’s Blog!). If using raw oat groats you will still need to soak overnight to soften.
Muesli (MYOOS-lee): Developed as a health food by Swiss nutritionist Dr. Bircher-Benner near the end of the 19th century. The German word muesli means "mixture".