- 1 1/2pound small red potatoes
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, season to taste
- 1teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 1/4 (4-6 ounce) bone-in pork chops
- 1pound sugar snap peas, washed and end trimmed
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1/2teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1tablespoon fresh lemon juice*
Radishes are in season in the spring and I love to incorporate them in a simple butter that goes beautifully with this recipe (see the Featured Recipe this week for the recipe) . Add a small pat of radish butter to the warm pork chops prior to eating. Really yummy!
The parsley potatoes are also really good tossed with butter rather than olive oil. Feel free to make them this way if you prefer a traditional parsley potato side dish.
You can substitute many spring vegetables for the snap peas. Asparagus, Brussels sprouts, baby carrots, string beans, fava beans or broccoli would all lend themselves well to the lemon-butter coating.