- 1tablespoon coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 2 Bartlett pears (or other soft-fleshed pear), cored and diced
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 3tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 1/2tablespoons coconut date (or light brown) sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
Double the recipe to make 3 (1/2 pint) jars.
This chutney make a great holiday gift.
If serving as an appetizer I like a Cote des Rhone red wine or other light red wine and as a dessert try a good port.