- 1cup coconut water
- 1scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 3/4cup frozen pineapple chunks or tidbits
- 1/2cup baby spinach
- 2tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2-inch fresh ginger, peeled
- 1teaspoon stevia (or one packet)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
* If you are using a protein powder that already has stevia or other sweetener you probably won't need additional stevia.
If you are using fresh pineapple you may want to add in a handful of ice cubes to make it icy cold and thick.
Like your margarita with salt? Go ahead and add a pinch of sea salt.
I know a margarita does not have parsley but it's such a great herb, mild tasting and a great way to sneak it in when paired with very tastebud-heavy cilantro.
Fresh ginger root is another amazing ingredient, anti-inflammatory and immune boosting, that pairs well with pineapple, lime and cilantro so I decided why not. If you are not a ginger root fan leave it out.