- 3 carrots, cut into small pieces
- 3 parsnips, cut into small pieces
- 3 turnips or rutabagas, cut into small pieces
- 1 eet, cut into small pieces
- 2tablespoons coconut oil, olive oil or butter, divided
- 1 red onion, chopped
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 eggs
- Hot sauce or Sriracha sauce, optional condiments
Any combination of cut up root vegetables will work and even adding in a cut up white or sweet potato would work. Use what you have on hand.
Make sure your pieces are smaller as they will cook faster and crisp up better compared to larger chunks.
If you are feeling carnivorous, add some crispy bacon or any leftover meat from last night’s dinner to the hash prior to adding the eggs.
Vegan? Sub tempeh for the eggs which can be browned at same time as the root veggies.
I used carrots and turnips-boiled for 10 min., drained. Coconut oil in skillet, added cooked veggies, sprinkled with ¼ - ½ cup chopped red onion. Flipped after 5min. then another 5 min., added egg, covered for 1-2 min. lower heat so as not to burn.