- 1 large yellow sweet pepper
- 1 large red sweet pepper
- 1 large green sweet pepper
- 1 large orange sweet pepper
- 1 habanero pepper, stem removed (if you want less heat, remove seeds)
- 1/4cup white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, whites removed and finely chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
If you decide to remove the seeds from the habanero pepper, use gloves or a small paring knife where your fingers will have limited to no contact with the seeds. You do not want to be rubbing your eyes with the oil lingering on your fingers!
I regularly use a seeded jalapeno pepper, which is much milder than a habanero and palatable for my kids' taste buds.
I do not recommend adding in tomatoes to this salsa, as it ruins the distinct fresh flavor of the peppers, as well as leads to quicker spoilage.