- 6 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2cup honey or agave syrup
- 1/2cup apple cider vinegar
- 1teaspoon sea salt
- 1teaspoon ground mustard
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (15 ½ ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ½ ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen lima beans
- 1 (15 ½ ounce) can black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
This is easy to convert to vegetarian by eliminating the bacon.
While I recommend this as a main meal, it is a great pot luck dish to bring to a picnic or large function.
This makes a lot of baked beans so you will have leftovers for the next day.
A bit unconventional, but I love to put a splash of peppery vinegar sauce on top to up the flavor factor.