- 1quart chicken broth
- 2 large yukon gold potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 large ears of fresh corn, shucked and kernels removed from cob (or 1 (16-ounce) package of frozen corn)
- 1pound claw or lump crabmeat
- 1cup half and half or heavy cream
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 fresh cilantro, chopped
Not a fan of crab, try substituting cooked, shredded chicken in its place.
For a vegetarian version, substitute cubed tofu for the crab.
Make it vegan by using rice or almond milk in place of the cream.
If you prefer to make this all at once, you could throw all the ingredients (except cream, avocado and cilantro) into the crockpot, skipping the sauting of the onions and garlic, and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours. This allows enough time to cook the onions and garlic. Blend some of the ingredients as indicated above for a thicker soup, add the cream and heat through for 10 minutes.