- 3-4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 medium red potatoes, cubed into 1/2” pieces
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4cup all-purpose flour or arrowroot
- 1pound white fish filets (halibut, tilapia, catfish, haddock, etc.), cut into bite size pieces
- 3/4cup whole milk or cream
- 2tablespoon butter
This would be the perfect soup to serve in a bread bowl. I suggest sourdough bread. Try finding large sourdough rolls and scoop out the inside (reserve for dunking in the soup).
Other than a good loaf of bread all you would need is a side salad to go with this nourishing soup.
Add in a cup or two of sweet yellow corn for some color and additional sweetness.