- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2teaspoon anchovy paste or 1 anchovy fillet, chopped, optional
- 2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/3cup black olives, such as Niçoise or Kalamata, halved and pitted
- 1 1/2cup canned diced or crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2cup red wine
Bone-in chicken pieces do well in this recipe, but you may need to increase the cooking time.
I like to serve with rice instead of potatoes to soak up the sauce. A high quality loaf of French bread would be equally effective at sopping up the bright French flavors.