- 1pound Yukon gold or red new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled, cut in half and sliced crosswise
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2cup frozen corn kernels
- 2cup frozen peas
- 1/4cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2tablespoons fresh thyme, removed from sprig (about 2 sprigs)
- 1teaspoon sea salt
- 1teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1cup artichoke hearts in olive oil marinade, coarsely chopped, reserve 3 tablespoons marinade*
- 1 (15-ounce) can white cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
* I use Trader Joe's jarred artichoke hearts. The seasoned artichokes add another layer of flavor to the vegetables but if you only have artichoke hearts in water that will work too.
This is a highly adaptable slow cooker recipe as you can layer in whatever seasonal vegetables your family loves. This version is perfect for spring. You may want to try green beans, summer squashes, eggplant, and tomatoes in the summer/early fall and sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, turnips, parsnips, cabbages in the winter.
Likewise, change up the cheeses and seasonings; fresh mozzarella and basil would be perfect with the summer veggies and perhaps a Swiss or Gouda with rosemary in the winter.