- 1tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 1/2pound boneless pork shoulder roast
- 3/4cup chicken broth
- 3tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 3tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 onion, cut into 1-ince pieces
- 1 (15-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 3tablespoon arrowroot or cornstarch
- 2cup fresh sugar snap peas
- 6cup hot cooked white or brown rice
For a vegetarian version, add extra firm tofu or tempeh in place of the pork.
I bet this would be good with sirloin beef strips or chicken breasts or thighs.
Sliced red pepper strips would add some nice color and should be added at the same time as the pineapple and snap peas.