- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 turkey thighs, skin removed
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can white cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa verde (commonly called green or tomatillo salsa; I like Whole Food’s 365)
- 1 (4.5 oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh cilantro, rinsed well and chopped, optional condiment
- Cooked brown rice, optional condiment
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt, optional condiment
Try your best to find turkey thighs because if you replace them with chicken thighs or breasts, well, you have then made chicken chili. The use of turkey thighs has a completely different taste and shouldn’t be compromised. Having said this, however, if you are looking for a change to your regular chicken chili recipe and have no desire to make a turkey version, then I am sure it will be delicious!
Does your family like a chili chockfull of beans? You can add two cans of white cannellini beans; it’s an easy way to get in a good source of fiber.
I use Whole Food’s 365 mild tomatillo salsa because it has a bit of heat but not enough to put off an 8 year old. If you prefer more heat, use your favorite green salsa or substitute your own.