- 2teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2pound lean ground beef
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1cup catsup (preferably without high fructose corn syrup)
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/3cup water
- 2tablespoon agave syrup or brown sugar
- 3tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1teaspoon chili powder
- 8 whole wheat, wheat or gluten free hamburger rolls
Change out the ground beef to ground turkey if you are watching your red meat intake.
My youngest finds 1 teaspoon of chili powder plenty spicy but if your family prefers less heat reduce to ½ teaspoon or for more heat add an additional ½ to 1 teaspoon.