- 1/2tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and membrane removed, finely chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2cup clam juice
- 1 1/2pound red snapper fillets, cut in half and into thin strips
- 2tablespoon lemon juice
- 1tablespoon capers
- 1cup pimento-stuffed olives, cut in half
Any firm white fish would work well in this recipe.
If you are pressed for time you can skip the sauting the onions, garlic and jalapenos in the spices and just place all these ingredients in the slow cooker with the tomatoes and clam juice.
Along with tortillas or rice, a side vegetable or side salad is all you need to complete this yummy seafood dinner.