- 1 1/4pound lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) jar of your favorite salsa
- 4cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (or fresh salsa- see Suggestions for an easy recipe)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1cup plain Greek yogurt
- 8 taco shells (I love Garden of Eatin’s organic taco shells )
If you are not a red meat eater, try this with ground turkey. It’s really good!
You could easily make this into taco salads by assembling the ingredients like a salad and crumbling the crispy corn tortillas on top.
Cooked pinto or black beans would be another good condiment, especially if eating as a salad.
Here is my quick fresh salsa: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1-2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional)