- 5pound boneless turkey breast
- 1 (10 ¾ ounce) cans of tomato puree
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1/2cup molasses
- 1/2cup apple butter
- 2tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1/2teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed with the back of a chef’s knife
- 1teaspoon ground ginger
- 1teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2teaspoon sea salt
I have made this with great success with chicken breast. My husband prefers to cut the chicken rather than shredding it before piling on a crusty roll.
I have also made this with apricot preserves instead of apple butter when I can’t find a good quality apple butter.
Serve in rolls with a side of steamed broccoli or other cruciferous veggie in the fall and winter and corn on the cob, green beans and baked beans in the summer.