- 1cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained
- 1tablespoon sesame oil, divided
- 3tablespoons soy sauce or tamari, divided
- 2tablespoons canola or coconut oil
- 1cup julienne-cut red bell pepper
- 1cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/2pound asparagus, ends trimmed and cut diagonally into thirds
- 1/8teaspoon sea salt
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1cup white mushrooms, sliced *
- 1/2cup vegetable broth
- 1tablespoon honey
- 2teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper
*Try shiitake or oyster mushrooms for more authentic Asian mushrooms, or even substitute baby bella mushrooms.
Chopped up bok choy would be a great addition to the vegetables and a great way to sneak in some greens.
I sometimes will buy two packages of tofu, as my daughter usually likes two steaks, but I do not increase the vegetable mixture. Do not, however, forget to increase the marinade ingredients.