- 4 large green bell peppers, tops removed, membrane and seeds removed*
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1pound ground turkey
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- Green bell pepper tops, diced (optional)
- 2cup shredded cabbage
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/3cup mayonnaise
- 1/2cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1/3cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4cup milk
- 2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped, or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
*You may need to slice a tiny bit off the bottom of the peppers if they are not able to stay upright, making sure not to cut through to the inside.
To make this meat free, either substitute crumbled tempeh or cooked beans.
This is the perfect meal to use whichever veggies are sitting in your vegetable bin, as most vegetables cooked down and accented with spices make for a tasty filling.
If you have extra filling, save it for lunch the next day as a filling to lettuce wraps or tossed with brown rice.
For a classic iceberg wedge salad, crumble some cooked bacon and sprinkle on top of iceberg wedges and add some halved grape or cherry tomatoes.