- 2teaspoon olive or coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 fresh dill, minced
- 1 1/2teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2pound ground turkey, preferably dark meat
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2cup quick cooking oats
- 2tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 2tablespoon butter, divided
- 1cup cream *
- 1pound Brussel sprouts, ends trimmed
* Try whole milk or almond milk (for dairy free) in place of the cream.
Use whatever vegetables you have on hand such as minced zucchini or broccoli.
The secret to a moist meatloaf is the steam created by the water bath so do not skip that important step, especially if you are using white turkey meat.
If you do use white turkey meat check the turkey loaf at 35 minutes with a meat thermometer to see if it has already reached 170 degrees F, as you don't want the leaner meat to dry out.